Does your baby have dry & itchy spots on skin? The dry-looking skin can be a great concern for parents?
A baby’s skin is very delicate and especially during the winters, increased use of hot water can reduce your baby’s moisture.
But don’t worry; we will let you know how you can keep your little angel’s skin moisturized and supple with the best baby lotions for dry skin.
Here’s everything you need to know about why your baby needs lotion and what kind of lotion might work best for baby’s dry skin, and also about what are the best baby lotions for dry skin.
- 1 What is a baby lotion?
- 2 When to use a lotion on my baby
- 3 While choosing baby lotions for dry skin for the baby please keep in mind the below features:
- 4 Top 5 amazing baby lotions for dry skin of babies are:
- 5 Conclusion
What is a baby lotion?
The lotion is a thick, smooth liquid prepared to be applied to the skin for medicinal or cosmetic purposes, and also for dry skin.
When to use a lotion on my baby
The best time to apply baby lotions for dry skin to your baby skin is immediately after their bath when their skin is still wet.
Baby lotions for dry skin helps in two different ways.
1) It will absorb the moisture in the baby’s skin till his next bath.
2) It will prevent your baby’s skin from drying.
While choosing baby lotions for dry skin for the baby please keep in mind the below features:
Skin Condition: If you trying to treat a medical skin condition, or trying to keep your baby’s skin hydrated? Choose the best product for your specific need.
Ointment, Cream, or Lotion: Depending on your baby’s skin condition, you can choose a moisturizer, lotion or a cream.
First Ingredient: Make sure you read the ingredients list before purchasing the product.
The first ingredient is the main component of which the product is made of.
If the first ingredient is water, it will primarily provide hydration to skin.
If the first ingredient is oil, then it will offer your baby’s skin protection, make sure that the product you choose fits your little one’s needs.
Fragrances: Avoiding fragrances’ may be best, as fragrance additives have the potential to irritate the baby’s skin.
Also Read: Benefits of Sleeping on the Floor
Top 5 amazing baby lotions for dry skin of babies are:
- It has a low pH value of 5.5 value of the skin’s acid mantle which protects the health of baby’s skin.
- Sebamed Baby lotion gives baby’s delicate skin a protection to prevent dryness and irritation.
- The Lotion makes skin soft and supple. The lotion is free from nitro-mochus compounds, formaldehyde, nitrosamines, and
Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbitol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Lactate, Decyl Oleate, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Dimethicone, Sodium Citrate, Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate.
- It is known for its deep moisturizing formula for the baby lotion.
- It does not contain alcohol as an ingredient; this baby lotion is colorant-free, paraben-free and mineral oil-free calendula extract.
- It is dermatologically tested lotion and it is the best baby lotion for dryness.
- It is Colorant-free, Mineral oil free, and it is Hypoallergenic.
- This mineral oil is a free and hypoallergenic formula which softens and smoothens the skin.
Water, Sorbitol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Hexyldecyl Laurate, Panthenol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hexyldecanol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Fragrance, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer,Sodium Hydroxide, Dipropylene Glycol, Squalane, Propylene Glycol, Heliotropine, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Tocopherol.
- Naturally nourishing lotion is non-greasy which protects delicate skin and keeps it moisturized for 24 hours.
- The naturally nourishing, non-greasy formula helps in absorbing quickly into the skin.
- It contains no drying alcohols and it will not clog pores.
- It has a hypoallergenic formula
- It is fragrance-free and gentle enough for daily use on baby’s sensitive skin.
The AVEENO brand is most trusted and it uses natural ingredients.
Oats is the natural ingredient most recommended by dermatologists because it protects the skin, oatmeal helps in restoring the skin’s normal pH value, in order to help prevent the skin from drying.
- It has Pro-Vitamin B5 & Natural Shea Butter which helps in soothing, hydrating and protecting baby’s delicate skin.
- It is gentle for everyday use on the baby’s delicate skin as it is free of fragrance, paraben, dyes and drying alcohols.
- It is Hypoallergenic.
- It is dermatologist and pediatrician choice.
Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tapioca Starch, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Pentylene, Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Polybutene, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hydroxide and Citric Acid.
- It is a Non-estrogenic and allergen free, Vegan, gluten and cruelty-free, Paraben, peg, petroleum, sulfate, silicone, phthalate and synthetic fragrance-free.
- It will not clog pores and it 100% biodegradable.
- Pediatrician Tested, Allergy Tested, pH Balanced, No Dyes, and Cruelty-Free.
- It Protects baby’s delicate skin with its ultra-moisturizer.
- It has unscented a lotion that soothes with oatmeal, cucumber, and
- Shea butter + olive oil helps in sealing it with a nourishing kiss!
Organic Aloe, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Isoamyl Laurate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Purified Water, Organic Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Organic Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Organic Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Organic Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Organic Carthamum Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Organic Symphytum Officinale Root Extract, Organic Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Olive Oil Polyglyceryl-4 Esters, Sodium Levulinate, Citric Acid,Sodium Phytate, Potassium Sorbate.
So, these were few of the best and top 5 amazing baby lotions for dry skin.
Regular use of moisturizing baby lotions for dry skin is of great help in keeping the baby’s skin glowing.
Buying the right baby lotions for dry skin that suits your baby’s skin type, with regular moisturization in the early years of the baby’s growth can go a long way in keeping the baby’s skin healthy, glowing, and delightfully supple.