Cinnamon Tea is a beverage prepared with Cinnamon Stick which is easily available in the nearest market and easy to prepare as well. There numerous benefits of Cinnamon Tea, which we will be discussing in this article.
One of the best ways to consume cinnamon is by drinking cinnamon tea as it does not get mixed with the other food components and the digestive system easily absorbs it.
How is Cinnamon Prepared
Cinnamon is made by cutting and extracting the inner bark of the Cinnamomum tree and removing the woody part in strips. They are then dried and curled, and therefore can be grounded into powder form or used as whole-spice. The benefits of Cinnamon tea can be achieved by using it in the powder form or as a whole-spice as well.
A strong flavor and smell come from the oily part of the bark which has a high compound called Cinnamaldehyde, which also has a lot of health benefits.
Properties of Cinnamon
- Cinnamon is a spice which originates on the shore of Indian Ocean
- Cinnamon is made from the inner bark of the trees called Cinnamomum.
- Cinnamon is called by various names such as Dalchini in Hindi, Pattai in Tamil or Darchini in Bengali etc.
- Cinnamon is a rich source of Magnesium, Iron, Calcium, Fiber Vitamin C, Vitamin B and
- It also has antiseptic properties which is another benefit of Cinnamon Tea.
Growth of Cinnamon Trees
Cinnamon trees can grow up to 10 meters tall and they are usually found in sub-tropical areas.
Flavor of the Cinnamon
It has a strong, sweet and woody flavor. This adds to the taste of the beverage while also providing benefits.
Aroma of the Cinnamon
Cinnamon has a sweet cum spicy aroma.
Health benefits of Cinnamon tea
There are a lot of health benefit of Cinnamon tea; let’s get started to know a few of them:
- People suffering from type 2 Diabetes can use Cinnamon on a regular basis as it helps in reducing the blood sugar levels.
- Consuming Cinnamon Tea also helps with obesity and cardiovascular issues.
- Regular use of cinnamon Tea burns the fats; hence, it also helps in reducing the weight.
- Cinnamon is proven to help in reducing glycemia and lipid levels in the body.
- Cinnamon also helps in lowering the risk of heart attack or stroke.
- The organic compounds found in cinnamon have antiseptic effects, the antioxidants present help in neutralizing the effect of bacteria present in the body.
- Cinnamon has a high level of antioxidants including Cinnamaldehyde, catechins cyanides and other important compounds. These antioxidants help in reducing the stress levels in the body.
- Cinnamon Tea also helps in digestion of food in the human body, which helps in producing less gas in the body and avoids bloating of the stomach, constipation, cramping, stomach upset. Inflammation of the bowel and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can also be avoided by regular intake of cinnamon tea.
- Cinnamon Tea also helps as an appetite stimulant, in case you are suffering from malnutrition or anorexia.
- Cinnamon is not only good for the body, but even for the mind as it helps in boosting concentration and focusing. It also helps in growth of new neurons in the nervous system.
- Cinnamon tea is also been used by Alzheimer’s patient as an herbal tea during Alzheimer treatment.
- Daily use of Cinnamon Tea also helps women reduce menstrual period pain and cramping during the period without affecting the flow of the period.
- Another one among the benefits of Cinnamon Tea is that, it also helps in reducing cold and fever and calms the body.
- Cinnamon Tea also helps in fighting the HIV-1 virus in humans as it is the common strain of the virus.
- Drinking Cinnamon Tea keeps your breath fresh and mouth clean.
- Drinking Cinnamon Tea helps in reducing the fine lines on the face and plumps up the skin.
- Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties which help in fighting the harmful effects of inflammation.
- 1 Cup of Cinnamon Tea consumed by an arthritis patient helps in reducing the rheumatic pain.
Storing the Cinnamon
Grounded Cinnamon losses the aroma quickly, whereas cinnamon sticks can be stored for almost 2 to 3 years in an airtight storage container to hold the aroma of the spice.
There are many brands available in the market which provide Cinnamon Tea instantly.
Dosage of Cinnamon in daily life
The amount of Cinnamon that can be taken on a daily basis ranges from 1gm to 6gm.
So these were a few of the health benefits of Cinnamon tea. The Cinnamon Tea simply heals the human body in many ways and helps in controlling diabetes, heart disease, cancer and many more.